Tuesday, July 13, 2010

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Economics

"A study of economics usually reveals that the best time to buy anything is last year."

Marty Allen

TOPIC OF THE DAY

Economics of Life

Economics has truly been my best discovery at Chicago. If Physics is a science of inanimate objects, Economics is the science of the animate objects. Two years at the GSB have provided me with enough tools to equip me with an Economics based framework to analyze and understand the world and life. And to come to think of it, Economics was something I used to think I would never understand before I came to Chicago. Since my first Microeconomics course with Professor Topel in Fall quarter, I have been looking at life through the kaleidoscope of Economics and have found so many rich and beautiful patterns that I thought of putting them on paper and sharing them with you. So, here is a somewhat esoteric essay on what results Economics (thinking) can generate with a little dose of fertile imagination.

Read on.....

LATEST ARRIVALS

Armchair economist : economics and everyday life / Steven E. Landsburg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home