Thursday, November 17, 2011

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Life

"Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live." - Author Unknown

TOPIC OF THE DAY

The Secret Payoff of Meetings

No one is more surprised about that than me. I've had days when I was in meetings from the moment I walked into the office until the moment I left. I've opened Outlook some days and wanted to pull my hair out at the day set out before me. I've had to run from one meeting to another because Outlook stupidly allows people to schedule meetings back to back without even 3 minutes to get from one room to another. I have not been a fan of meetings.

But after being an employee for 24 continuous years, I've struck out on my own as a freelancer to try to have more balance in my life. But as I'm settling into new routines and trying to find new mechanisms to keep my day productive, I've come to appreciate many things about my previous life that used to frustrate me. Those minutes at the beginning of a meeting when people are still assembling and the room is filled with light banter. The way someone can say something funny a few cubicles over and everyone starts to laugh. Monday mornings, learning what my colleagues were up to on the weekend, often living vicariously through them.

Read on

LATEST ARRIVALS

Economic reforms and growth in India : essays from economic and political weekly / Pulapre Balakrishnan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home