Thursday, October 28, 2010

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Change

“The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them. ”- George Bernard Shaw


TOPIC OF THE DAY

Seven Truths about Change to Lead By and Live By

I call these the Change Agent Bumper Stickers. Here are seven universal sayings that can comfort and guide anyone engaged in the effort of setting a new direction, orchestrating innovation, establishing a culture, or changing behavior.

"Change is a threat when done to me, but an opportunity when done by me." I coined this truth in my book The Change Masters, which compared innovation-friendly and innovation-stifling corporate cultures, and then saw it in operation in personal relationships, too. Resistance is always greatest when change is inflicted on people without their involvement, making the change effort feel oppressive or constraining. If it is possible to tie change to things people already want, and give them a chance to act on their own goals and aspirations, then it is met with more enthusiasm and commitment. In fact, they then seek innovation on their own.

Read on...


LATEST ARRIVALS

Marketing calculator : measuring and managing return on marketing investment / Guy R. Powell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home