Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Survival

“If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved. ” - Khalil Gibran

TOPIC OF THE DAY

The Six Keys to Surviving on the Road

I was walking through the lobby of the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose one day last week just before 6 pm, feeling a bit bleary after three consecutive weeks flying back and forth across the country to visit five different cities.

The question at hand was whether or not to attend a cocktail party being thrown by my corporate hosts. Then I spotted the spa. Impulsively, I walked in and asked if I might be able to book a massage. Minutes later, I was lying on a table, unbelievably happy to be there. When I walked out an hour later, I felt incredibly relaxed and rejuvenated.

It was a powerful reminder of a core principle we teach our clients: The greater the performance demand, the greater the need for intermittent renewal. It's just common sense. If you're spending down more energy than usual, you need to refuel yourself more than usual.

Read on

LATEST ARRIVALS

I Have a Dream by Rashmi Bansal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home