Monday, October 31, 2011

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Achievement

"Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career." - Abdul Kalam

TOPIC OF THE DAY

Disrupt Yourself

"Are you sure you aren't making a mistake?"

I had just announced to one of my dearest friends that I planned to walk away from Wall Street and my seven-figure salary.

"Yes, I'm sure." But was I?

Years earlier, I had moved to New York City with a degree in music and a husband who was beginning a Ph.D. program. My first job, and the best job I could get, had been as a secretary at a brokerage house. By working 70-80 hours a week, taking business courses at night, and doggedly pursuing a jump to the professional track, I finally got a break, and moved into investment banking. When I decided to leave Wall Street, I was the Senior Media and Telecom analyst for Latin America at Merrill Lynch, and the top-ranked analyst in my field.

Read on

LATEST ARRIVALS

Progressive fiscal policy in India / Praveen Jha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home