Friday, April 22, 2011

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Weakness

"The strength of a person is often weighed by how they deal with their weaknesses." - Nathaniel Summers

TOPIC OF THE DAY

What are you not Good at?

Not that it's news to me, but it has come to my attention twice in the past two weeks that I'm a terrible speller. A reader comment on this very blog pointed out that I used the word "conscious" when I meant to say "conscience." He added a "sigh" and a "really?" as if to say "shouldn't you know better?" — and of course I should. Only the week before I had received an email from another perturbed fan about a misspelling on my own website's homepage. Again, not my finest hour.

There are few people who welcomed the invention of automatic spell-check with more glee than I. I work very hard to check and re-check my spelling. But the fact remains, no matter how hard I try, how aware I am of my shortcoming in this area, I am a terrible speller.

Read on...

LATEST ARRIVALS

Express Series English for Emails / Rebecca Chapman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home