Tuesday, June 28, 2011

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Learn

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. ” by Benjamin Franklin


TOPIC OF THE DAY

"Teaching and Learning from Bagvadgita"

Bhagavad-Gita is the message `of Lord Krishna to Arjuna on the battle field just before the Kurukshetra war began. This forms part of the Mahabharata Epic and occurs there in Bhishma Parva. Arjuna came ready to fight, but seeing his guru, elders, and relatives ready to fight against the Pandavas felt disheartened, weak. And confused and refused to fight. Krishna delivers this message, made him strong and bold and ready to do his duty. A study of the Gita will develop depth plus breadth, broad attitude and deep conviction.

The Gita advises us to work to ensure the stability of human society. Now I want to inform that once Gandhi said, "I am here to wipe the tears from the last person who weeps in the society I work for the good of others." This is one of the inspiring truth. It must permeate our society. In our educational institutions we must highlight this concept of "Parasparam bhavayantha". All our problems we can solve when we become calm, silent, steady, strong, efficient workers. It is the silent man that does the best work. When we work efficiently everything is under our control. We should work without emotion, particularly without anger or fear. If anger takes control of us then some thing goes wrong with us. This is our important teaching in the Gita.


Read on...

LATEST ARRIVALS

Now It Can Be Told: The Story Of The Manhattan Project by General Leslie R. Groves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home